Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:59:41 PM EDT
Evening

Any opinions on Ar kits from Model 1?  Should I get a lower parts kit from someone else like RRA?  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
try a search.....most concede that they are pretty good, with some problems here and there

RRA LPKs are tops--dark color and great fit and finish; the only ones i would take over them are Armalite's LPKs

several dealers in the EE/Industry board have competative prices on all brands of LPKs
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want a good trigger and don't want to customize the M1Sales trigger, I'd get the RRA lower kit. If you don't mind tinkering with the trigger, the model1sales lower internals should be fine for you. Other than the trigger, I had no issues with my kit build a week or two back.
I just did the hammer and trigger spring modification on my parts kit, and force fitted the hammer and trigger. It's a pretty good trigger now.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
My model 1 LPK sucked. I ended up switching out the hammer, disco, and trigger with Bushy. Get a RRA.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard of plenty of guys who get M1S kits, and just use a RRA LPK...  I'm sure the kit itself is fine, but as far as the guts in the lower, RRA all the way
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
how are their uppers? I am looking at them for a build.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
i just built mine monday an got to zero it today
i got a 16 inch car kit
everything fit nicely in the lower (dpms) an everything seems to function properly i was suprised at how accurate it is
i was shooting around 80 yards with a walther dot sight an the sight coverd up almost all of the black but as long as i could hold it steady i hit the x-ring

will buy from M1S again
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#7]
i used a barrel from them for my pistol build, it turned out good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i used a barrel from them for my pistol build, it turned out good.

Which one...and what buffer did you use?  I've got a built out lower that is going to be a pistol soon.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top