Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 12:26:03 PM EDT
I built my own AR a couple years back but have only put about 1000 rounds through it all told, but anyway, I'm wondering what spare parts I need to keep around if something breaks.

Bolt carrier group? Spare firing pin? What are the parts that are going to break/need replacing over the life of the gun?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
get a spare rifle.

get a spare bolt group and a lower parts kit and you will be pretty much covered.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
At a minimum, gas rings and cam pin. A spare bolt is good, especially if you can keep it with the weapon. A whole extra rifle is good for classes. A gas tube in the toolbox isn't a bad idea, etc. Probably a spare fire control group as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
get a spare rifle.

get a spare bolt group and a lower parts kit and you will be pretty much covered.

+1 LOL Thats why I have 7 Bushys
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top