Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:18:19 PM EDT
      Well guys, this is my first post. I've been hiding for about three weeks now. Ironically the same night that I made my first ar purchase. Well at least half. I've ordered a RRA A4 Middy complete upper half from Steve at Adco. They were out of stock, but I couldn't wait. Besides, its been pretty tough for noob like myself to find in stock RRA Parts. Probably just me. Do you guys know of anyone who has a stripped lower, parts kit, and collapsible stock. Mainly wanting RRA.
       I hope these lowers are fairly easy to put together. I'm a carpenter, so I'm pretty good with tools. Yea, I know. Its metal not wood, but thats my story and I'm stickin to it.
       This post might have been better suited for a different section, but I thought if kind of fit because you can't BUILD IT YOURSELF if you don't have the parts. If it is please delete and I will try in a different section.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi there-

welcome

try the Equipment Exchange Forum- also known as the EE section
http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7

Once you go there, it should be pretty self-explanatory...you'll find what you want under the "AR-15 Parts - Lower Receiver" area..
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=125

As for building lowers, there's a link at the top of the "Build it yourself.." section that is 'stickied'.. It'll have a pretty good series of pictures and details regarding how to properly assemble your stripped lower using a parts kit..

It's quite easy to do, but there is a margin for error..

Things I still watch out for when assembling lowers..
Pivot Pin- Its not the pivot pin thats mean, its the detent and spring holding it there.. for me this is always the most troublesome.. Sometimes it goes in on the first try..sometimes I launch the detent into oblivion.. Assemble it in a plastic bag..it'll help you catch any flying pieces..

Trigger guard.. go slow here. make sure you support the "ears" when you tap the roll pin into place.. Ive heard of people breaking theirs off.. go easy and give it support..!!

Good luck..
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tips Pistol Kidd!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top