Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:42:45 AM EDT
Ok, I have a permanently pinned/welded flash suppressor on my bushie 14.5..  I would really like to install a LaRue 7.0 forened but the obvious problem comes up... Normal (Larue Webpage) instructions indicate that I need to remove the FSB and the FH as well for installation..

Im trying to avoid having to send my upper out to a smith, only to have him "destroy" and remove the FH as well as have him immediatley pin and weld another one in it's place.. Not the cheapest route to take..

The thing is, my brother has some of the equipment needed for barrel removal/installation and even if he doesnt, i dont mind spending money on some extra fixtures/tools since it'll be a better investment for future builds..

I would just like to know if I remove the barrel, can i install the laure handguard via this method?  Ive never removed my barrel, so I dont know if how all the pieces on that end fit and slide off..

Any thoughts...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok, I have a permanently pinned/welded flash suppressor on my bushie 14.5..  I would really like to install a LaRue 7.0 forened but the obvious problem comes up... Normal (Larue Webpage) instructions indicate that I need to remove the FSB and the FH as well for installation..

Im trying to avoid having to send my upper out to a smith, only to have him "destroy" and remove the FH as well as have him immediatley pin and weld another one in it's place.. Not the cheapest route to take..

The thing is, my brother has some of the equipment needed for barrel removal/installation and even if he doesnt, i dont mind spending money on some extra fixtures/tools since it'll be a better investment for future builds..

I would just like to know if I remove the barrel, can i install the laure handguard via this method?  Ive never removed my barrel, so I dont know if how all the pieces on that end fit and slide off..

Any thoughts...

No. The FSB has to come off.

I agree with Stick, you may be better off with a 2 piece, Troy, MI or Samson.

The other option is to sell off the barrel you have and start over if you have to have the LaRue. Actually, that's what I did.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#3]
cheaper/easier route is like the others mentioned, troy/samson route

the fsb will have to come off and the flashhider will have to be destroyed with the larue.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top