Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:12:54 AM EDT
Im looking at doing a build with the Vulcan carbon upper/lower but wanted to see what it would look like before hand, any pic's would be great...

Thanks in advance

Morlock13
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:56:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I doubt you'll see any here.... Vulcan is one of the universally hated makers here at ARFCOM.  In their former life, they were Hesse.  

Some of us made the mistake of buying Hesse and having no problem, but the VAST majority have not had good luck with them at all. (all I bought was a stripped lower before I found ARFCOM, it's now dedicated to a .22LR)

Hatred for Hesse/Vulcan will bring Glock and 1911 shooters together, as well as the 9mm vs .45 crowd, and Colt Kool-aid drinkers vs Bushmaster purple finish lovers.  

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I found one in the post pic of your build thread, but have to aggree on the Hesse part, i got an underfoler AK from Atlantic Arms built on a Hesse receiver (first gun purchase ever), even for an AK it was sloppy and poorly made...wasted 350.00...

Guess ill stick with a Mega or Stag lower.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
WEll, I followed up this pat year with 2 MEGA lowers. Could not be happier.

I "unbuilt" my first and rebuilt it with a MEGA, then moved the Hesse over to a dedicated 22LR.  

Here is a pic of the three:

Top two are MEGA lowers, the bottom is the Hesse.  I hope to next year do a pistol build, and am planning on using a MEGA for that as well.

No Expert
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top