Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:25:49 PM EDT
I am thinking of selling my Colt Match Target Hbar II to fund a M4gery build. My plan is to build the M4 and then build a SPR upper. Any help getting started,  like get a complete lower or build it myself, what type of lowers/uppers fit the best, and just any info from the experienced builders out there. This will be my first build so any info will be appreciated. I don't have alot of time so I am hoping I can get some help or at least pointed in the right direction.  I don't want to spend all my time looking for info on the net.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody has any advice?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think there's any lower brand that's really terrible..  depending on what you want, you might not come ahead by putting it together yourself.

Look around EE and price out lower parts kits and the type of buttstock you want. Look for lowers too, if you want, but remember you have to pay FFL fees for it. I pick my lowers up at gun shows when they come around, they cost $100 usually. Compare those prices with the cost of a built lower.

I haven't heard of any fit problems between brands, but if you're really concerned, buy the same brand upper as lower.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Go with Superior Arms lower.  THey have a nifty second screw near the grip screw which lets you adjust any trigger for travel time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Bravo Company has the mil spec uppers with M4 feed ramps, which is kind of authentic (but not really needed in a -forgery).  For lowers, Bushmaster is good, and has a pretty cool roll-mark.  Not as authentic as Colt though.  I'd look at a 14.5" barrel with a fixed Izzy, if you don't want to SBR the gun.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:20:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in a non SBR state. Thanks for the info. Anybody build a SPR? What is the difference in the Mr4 feed ramp compared to a regular feed ramp?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:40:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What is the difference in the Mr4 feed ramp compared to a regular feed ramp?

That issue has really been done to death here.......check here for a good read.

Good luck with your build.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the link.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top