Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 6:41:05 PM EDT
Not trying to start another unanswerable thread, just looking to see if any should be excluded from my list.

For my first build I want to create an SPR - flat top, M4 feed ramps, probably w/18" heavy middy barrel.  I have done a lot of research on the brands in question, and I have come to one conclusion -

There is no difference (other than personal preference).

I would like the finished product to have a nice fit and finish, but Logo's and that type of thing are irrelevant.  I plan on buying the Upper and lower from the same manufacturer, so color variations between them will make no difference either.  My only experience is with my Colt, and I have not been able to lay hands on any of those mentioned, so I am hoping some of you guys can help me out.

Does anyone have a compelling reason not to pick one of those mentioned above?  Please respond from personal experience, and not hearsay.  

Thanks,

5Shot
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like my LMT and CMT parts. I will buy more of both. As for color match, my LMT upper does not match my LMT lower in some light. No big deal but annodizing does differ from batch to batch. The color on the CMT is a very rich deep black. I really like it.

For your build, I'd probably go with the CMT. High quality part at a very good price and easy to find... What more do you need/want?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
+1  CMT is good stuff.Dont even notice the horns anymore just the quality.  

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#3]
There is another CMT option if you don't like the horns... Global Tactical Lower
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys - I ordered a Global Lower/CMT Upper.  The rest will have to come in little by little.

5Shot
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks guys - I ordered a Global Lower/CMT Upper.  The rest will have to come in little by little.

5Shot

great choice!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top