Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 3:06:26 PM EDT
Do you serious AR builders use the tool that ADCO and Brownells sells?  It's been about 20 years but I don't recall the handguards on M16 A1 being that difficult to remove with just bare hands.  It was the old style that was flat on the bottom; maybe the newer round ones require tools???
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The new springs are hard as heck to remove if you are an older fart like me, do not waste your money on the ones made out of wire since they are a POS.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you use the tool to install the handguards, or just to remove them?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The tool can be used either to remove or install. I bought one because I had a Surefire M500 and it's designed to be extra tight. Once I got it on there I couldn't get it off, even with help, until I got a tool. With regular handguards I don't think I've ever used it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Both ways for me, I am fitting a set of hand guards on a Bushmaster 308 that was made for an AR15, have to use the tool since these are very tight and I am WESCOG fitting them.

If it were not for the hand guard tool I would have been like Gus.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the Bushmaster tool, it makes the handguard removal and install a simple one-person job.  Life is short, why not?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top