Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 5:48:03 PM EDT
Hi,
 I have a new NM RRA Lower with a Flat top upper. It was shipped put together. Now everyone knows that RRA fits very tight. Any ideas how to get them apart?? Atleast break it open?? Man it's really tight. Thanks for all your help in advance.
Paul
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a lower receiver block, use it to steady the rifle in a vise.  Tap out the takedown pin, supporting the barrel just in case.  You should be able to kind of gently pull down on the barrel and open the receivers up.  Keep your hand on the lower to steady it, so no surprises of it slipping off the vise.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Problem is that there is no barrel. Taht is the trouble... Nothing to get leverage on.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Problem is that there is no barrel. Taht is the trouble... Nothing to get leverage on.

Use a large wooden dowel as a "barrel" if you don't have a barrel that you could pseudo install to do the task. Be sure to oil the hell out of the upper/lower at the contact points in an effort to get some lube in the gaps to make things move a bit easier.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys... I took a punch to the front take down pin... Then it slid right a part. Now I can think about my build... lol lol
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top