Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 12:47:49 PM EDT
I may be anal, but I didn't like the small wiggle and rattle caused by a disgined-that-way loose adjustment lever on my Stag 6 position collapsible stock.  I went to the hardware store and picked up a few black o-rings that I thought might just do the trick.  It did!!

It really only took one approx. 1/16th" thick and I put it between the nut and the lever on the stock. The only thing to watch out for, is if you go crazy and put too many or too thick ones on, you will pull the locking pin out too much and your stock might adjust itself whild firing.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I guess 169 of you have better stocks or don't give a crap.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Never tried it but felt the need to respond so your feelings wouldn't get hurt
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Never bothered me, but thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, I guess 169 of you have better stocks or don't give a crap.  

make that 210 and counting.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't really bother me either, plus I'm too lazy to do it.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:16:56 AM EDT
[#7]
It bothered me, but I just removed the roll pin and gave the nut another spin before replacing the roll pin. The O-ring idea sounds good too.

I also fixed the buttstock slop using the hair dryer trick.  I removed the buttstock from the tube and squeezed it in a vice while applying heat with a hair dryer.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:52:57 AM EDT
[#8]
yes your anal... but it is a good idea.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It bothered me, but I just removed the roll pin and gave the nut another spin before replacing the roll pin.

The correct way to do it.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Changing to a fixed stock may be a better answer.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 3 RRA 6 position stocks and none of them have problems with the lever jiggling.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys crack me up!  

My first thought was to remove the pin and screw the nut on a bit tighter, but then I would have had to drill a new hole in the pin and it looked like it might be just too much to just fix a small wiggle.

My other lower looks better by putting the o-ring between the stock and the lever vs the between the nut and the adj. lever.

Now I feel a lot better.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top