Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2006 9:23:07 AM EDT
You may want to check out Eagle Firearms in the EE section has Stag 6.8 striped lowers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Another option:

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:16:01 AM EDT
[#2]
river_rat,  Thanks for adding the info any others?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC Ameetec has 6.8 marked lowers also.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard Stag uses the same receivers for 5.56 and 6.8...the only difference is the writing on the side.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:31:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I heard Stag uses the same receivers for 5.56 and 6.8...the only difference is the writing on the side.

Correct and since everything but the barrel and bolt are the same its nice to have a dedicated marked lower so there is no mix up with other ar-15`s in my safe.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
The mags are different also.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The mags are different also.

Yea, definitely priced different.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#8]
They also differ from standard mags. Standard mags do not work. The ribs are too deep.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They also differ from standard mags. Standard mags do not work. The ribs are too deep.

I got a new PRI 25 round mag in the mail today.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

They work fine, I watched a guy plug out a couple hundred rounds of 6.8 SPC reloads last weekend with standard 20 round mags with no hiccups, said he didnt change a thing to them.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:28:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They work fine, I watched a guy plug out a couple hundred rounds of 6.8 SPC reloads last weekend with standard 20 round mags with no hiccups, said he didnt change a thing to them.  

Been shooting 6.8 for 1 1/2 yrs. and haven't found one that would function properly yet. If he got one to work it was modified or he didn't know it was modified. The 6.8 is a fatter case and will swell the mag. Plus the feedlips won't hold the rounds properly. If he had an extra wide mag it might work. I have even tried 7.62x39 mags with mixed luck. If you are going to shoot 6.8 it is better to use the proper mags and save the headaches for something else.

To illustrate what I am saying I'll add a couple pics. The black mag is a PRI mag with the original steel follower. They have since gone to a magpul follower.
This one shows the difference in the ribs. The PRI has shallower ribs to accomodate the fatter case.

This one shows the difference in the feed lips. Note that the PRI mag has shorter  and slightly narrower feed lips to feed the fatter case.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top