Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:00:00 PM EDT
Got a bone-stock Bushmaster A2 18"... Put some nice M4 handguards from another upper on it, but I'm looking to put on a bi-pod and make it a cheap beater bunny rabbit, rock, and tin can killer.  I know that mounting a rail + bi-pod to the bottom of the M4 handguards will result in a slightly changing POI.  I don't expect 1/2" MOA out of this rig, but I'd like to accurize it a little bit, if possible.

Sooo... Not knowing exactly how a free-float handguard attaches (having never seen one), I am a little curious.  Can the compression mounts for the handguards be removed, the barrel essentially stripped of all handguard attachment hardware, and the barrel be free-floated in any way?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet... Does it mean I have to chop the front sight or anything like that?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782--check this out for an idea

for most FF tubes (except the MI one that i can think of right now), the FSB/gas block has to be removed as well as the delta ring assembly and bbl nut
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Question... I have the CAR style A2, 18" bbl.  If I chop the front sight down, can I install a mid-length free-float tube?  I'd like a longer tube to obscure some of the barrel, and allow me to mount a bi-pod further out from the receiver.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top