Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 5:16:43 PM EDT
I am thinking abotu buying a del-ton and it says if doesnt come with a stripped lower. I was wondering were would be the best place to buy one. Its just a plinker and my $$$ situation is pretty tight so it needs to be inexpensive. I dont know alot about ARs and am new to them so I would really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are looking for inexpensive lowers I say go with a RRA or Stag Arms lower as both have great quality and can be aquired pretty cheaply. I say contact John Hwang/Teknic with Ranier Arms here on the site and he can get you what you need. There are many other dealers here that are great to buy from also.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you are looking for inexpensive lowers I say go with a RRA or Stag Arms lower as both have great quality and can be aquired pretty cheaply. I say contact John Hwang/Teknic with Ranier Arms here on the site and he can get you what you need. There are many other dealers here that are great to buy from also.

Thanks. I might go with Stag. They seem to only cost aroung $98.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Mega lowers are also very nice, if you can locate them.  About the same price as Stag and teflon coated.  All around, they have some of the best machine work I've seen on a lower.  Stag and RRA are also very nice (I just like the finish on the Mega lowers better).

I purchased my Mega's locally.  They can be hard to find online (as can lowers from other manufacturers.  Everyone seems to be out of stock lately)
www.carricozarmory.com/mega.htm seems to get Mega's with some regularity.

www.eaglefirearms.net/stag_arms.htm Carries a lot of Stag and Rock River.  

No need spend lots of money to get a quality lower.  These companies make products that put some of the big names to shame, for half the price.

Del-ton will treat you well.
I've also had good experiences with Eaglefirearms, RB precision and Rock River.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys! I like megas finsh and all but the cheapest I saw on those sites is $130 and even though Id be out of the teflon and be stuck with a`deer on my gun they seem to be the cheapest. Are any other brand as cheap as Stag w/ their quality.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks guys! I like megas finsh and all but the cheapest I saw on those sites is $130 and even though Id be out of the teflon and be stuck with a`deer on my gun they seem to be the cheapest. Are any other brand as cheap as Stag w/ their quality.

I don't think so. Also if you don't like the deer head you can always cover it up with a Redi Mag.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
haha I might! It okay I guess.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a few lowers from Noveske Rifleworks, their CMT/Stag. Great looking and I like Noveske's markings, $120.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I have bought both Superior and Mega.  Check the EE under Lowers and complete.  I had mine transfered through Gilberts Small Arms Range in Springfield VA for I recall $20.   I like my Mega better, but would give the Superior another chance if the Mega wasnt available...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently built my AR using a del-ton kit.  I used a superior arms lower from RB Precision.  They only cost $90.  The quality seems to be excellent, and the color perfectly matches the del-ton kit.  Also, RB Precision is an excellent company to deal with.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've seen Carricoz put Mega's on the Equipment Exchange for less than $100.  Teknic has had them for less than $90 www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=316544  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen Carricoz put Mega's on the Equipment Exchange for less than $100.  Teknic has had them for less than $90 www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=316544  

thanks a million. I think Ill buy one. Gotta buy the kit first though

Also, thanks everyone else. You guys have helped me big time. I appreciated it!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top