Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:31:07 AM EDT
I'm in the design phase for a new varmint barrel and it looks like Pac-Nor is the lead.  These barrels don't come with gas blocks.

My question is, how would I go about aligning a bolt-on gas block to such a barrel?  What's the best way to locate the gas exit port on the barrel with the gas port on the block?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#1]
there is usually a dimple on the barrel and on the gas block without the rear bolt installed there is a hole which lines up with it.

what i do is use that along with lines drawn where the gas port is along with measurements from the bbl. shoulder to the gas port.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top