Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 3:08:30 PM EDT
Hello all, I have immensely enjoyed this site for the past few months. I apologize for my low post count (1) but I have found in more educational to shut up and read, as most all questions i could/would ask have been answered at some point on this site. I have come to reach my vision of the perfect ar-15 for me, and would like some additional comments/ reccomendations. My primary use for this gun is hunting coyote in south texas, on foot, however i would also like to have a maneuverable gun. I have currently purchased a RRA complete lower, with NM trigger, and car stock to build on top of from adco. The following components are:
*RRA A4 upper
*RRA bolt carrier group
*Charging handle
*16" Mid SS 1:7 barrel medium contour .90  wylde chamber WOA- RRA
*Weaver type low pro gas block RRA
*detachable front sight
*gas tube
*7" CAR Style quad rail handguard (cant decide which (rra aluminum, daniel defense, suggestions here please for those that have opinions on multiple rails and their advantages/disadvantages...i can forsee attaching light, and possibly IR illuminator)
*Vortex flash hider
*larue mount
*SS10x42M Super Sniper Scope
*Flip up rear sight
So thats my list...am i missing anything to build a complete ar15?
One other question, realisticly can i count on being able to remove/replace the scope from  the gun to use iron sights, and then go back to scope with a quick mount, and retain zero? Anyone do this, and if so what mount?
Comments welcome, and thank you guys for all the information present on this site.
-JZ

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Your list looks like it's all there except do you want to use a bipod or just carry a couple of hunting sticks.

You should look into the Daniel Defense 7.0 rails, it's one of the lightest available.

Don't forget plenty of practice ammo and mags.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the comments Alpha-Romeo3, i do plan to also attach a harris bipod, forgot to mention that. Functionally, is there any difference between the $275 dollar Daniel Defense handguard, and the Aluminum Quad rail available from RRA for $120? Is the main difference just the look?...The daniel defense does look a bit more machined look, which i can see would make for a better looking gun, but functionally any different?
Also, one other question, I selected a very heavy match grade barrel, as i want this gun to be as accurate as possible for its size, but with firing the heavier grain bullets, is a 1:7 or 1:8 rate more desireable?...im basically trying to choose between the top two barrels on this page:
http://www.adcofirearms.com/sprbuild.cfm?page=build
thanks in advance for your comments.
-JZ

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Functionally, is there any difference between the $275 dollar Daniel Defense handguard, and the Aluminum Quad rail available from RRA for $120? Is the main difference just the look?...The daniel defense does look a bit more machined look, which i can see would make for a better looking gun, but functionally any different?

Also, one other question, I selected a very heavy match grade barrel, as i want this gun to be as accurate as possible for its size, but with firing the heavier grain bullets, is a 1:7 or 1:8 rate more desireable.

-JZ

There is a big difference in performance, durability and price between the DD and RRA handguards.

The DD is one of the top brand which most members here agree on.

It's up to the user which one to get, everybody have different priorities and budget, either just buy the better one now or buy the one with the lower cost and upgrade it later.

The 1/7 twist barrel should be better with the heavier bullets.

Good luck on your build.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget a sling! Would make carrying it long distances easier since you'll be on foot.

Maybe some rail covers

Spare parts kit (eventually).
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top