Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 4:54:04 PM EDT
Hi all.

I stumbled onto AR15 a month ago and have spent many hours reading and researching. There seems to be a good group of knowledgeable people on here and I look forward to reading future posts and contributing when I can.

So after a few weeks of researching AR15.com, talking to local gun shop employees, and ordering every catalog I could find, I think I am ready to take on my first build.

95% of my shooting will be at 50 yards and under. Unfortunately there are no public outdoor ranges (that I know of) around where I live. Once or twice a year I will be able to shoot out to 300 yards. I will not be using this gun for hunting and will only be shooting at paper. I am looking for accuracy and overall something to have fun with! I plan on getting the parts over time and have a budget in mind of $1800.00 for everything I'll need including optics.

Please feel free to chime in with comments and suggestions. I want to be as knowledgeable as possible when I begin to purchase the parts and begin the assembly. I know everyone has there favorite manufactures and I value everyone's opinions.

Upper Assembly:
Bushmaster V Match Upper Assembly
Bushmaster Charging Handle Assembly
Bushmaster Complete Bolt and Bolt Carrier Assembly
Bushmaster Chrome Steel Firing Pin
A.R.M.S. #40 Low Profile Flip-up Rear Sight

Lower Assembly
Bushmaster Stripped Lower Receiver
VLTOR Carbine / Collapsible Modstock - Black
RRA Lower Receiver Parts Kit with NM Two Stage Trigger
Hogue Grip - Black

Barrel Assembly
RRA Wilson Chrome Moly Heavy Barrel Assembly - 16" Mid-Length 5.56 NATO
RRA A2 Flash Hider
RRA assorted parts to complete barrel assembly
SureFire M85 Tactical Rail Handguards

I have just begun to research optics. I still have a lot of research to do. I am thinking EOTECH or Aimpoint.

So let me know what you all think....    
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good. I have the same upper assembly, the Vmatch carbine.  Sounds like the carbine would work well for you. It is sweet.  Get the Pre-ban config. from Bushy if possible, so that you can mess with the flash hider later.  The Eotech is on the way for me too.   For short range, I think it is more economic than the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I will start ordering parts soon. I want to do a little more research and hopefully I'll get some more insight on the parts I have picked out from other AR15'ers.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top