Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:42:53 AM EDT
I shoot 3 gun for funzies and have noted that my uncomped/nonbuffered, 5.5 FH CAR muzzle rise ruins my sight picture for the second shot... and re-sighting slows me down.  Ok, maybe I need to get better on the double taps.

But I am thinking I would like to have reduced muzzle rise, and have read lots here about comps and buffers.  I shoot occasional coyotes at home (with my comped Tikka Tac 308) and don't want to grab the hearing protection first for the 223 so am leaning to the buffers.

3 gunners go with the comps but they put on the hearing protection first, then shoot.  I guess I could add/remove a comp as needed, but do many do that?  But then I read about the buffers.  They seem great.

It appears as if there are more AR15er's here that go with the comps rather than the buffers, am I correct?  Is that because the comp is more effective?

Can you use a buffer with a comp and still have a reliable rifle?  Am studying building a new 16" accurate CAR upper, if that helps.

Thanks for all your input
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top