Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:30:58 AM EDT
I am new to building AR's and was wandering if there were any fitment issues between uppers and lowers of different manufacturers, Also how does Doublestar rate in you guys eyes?

Thanks,
Nick
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean how tight upper to lower fit? Doesn't really matter much in terms of accuracy, but most new ones from RRA, Stag, Mega, Bushmaster, Colt, Oly, and others are just fine...

Color may or may not match, but its not a big deal...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Fitting brand X upper on brand Y lower wont be a problem some may fit tighter than others, but you will be fine. As for doublestar I cant comment, I have no experience with them
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I like mine, 1500+ rds and several 100 rds bump fired with no Ill effects. I'd recommend them

Jason
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Upper to lower fit is irrelevant to function and accuracy. Don't take my word for it, go look it up on the Armalite FAQs/errata.

Where is it important? A.: Only in the minds of the ignorant.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top