Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 11:56:00 PM EDT
 After quite a bit of screeching, hollering and mailing stuff back and forth across the U.S. a couple of times I finally got my Colt 6320 ( semi auto C7 ) Clone finished.  Unable to procure any REAL, NIB Colt or Diemaco C7/6320 uppers I went ahead and ordered a brace of Fulton Armory "GI spec" C7 uppers.  What a crock that was.  REAL G.I. charging handles wouldn't fit in the first set so I sent them back and ordered another set....but this time with charging handles installed.  Lucky for me I did that because the NEXT set won't take G.I. charging handles, either.  I hate this "G.I. spec" bullshit that everyone is trying to sell.  Still, Fulton got me re-hooked up quickly and they were very helpful and polite about everything.  Hope Fulton realizes their contractor doesn't know G.I. spec from a hole in their ass.  Oh, well, what are ya gonna do?   Yes, I should have ordered Bushie, I know, I know...but I am not a Bushie fan.

Anyhow, before the breakdown of the uppers, I soaked the gas tube, FSB and the barrel nut/delta ring areas in a liberal coating of a mix of Kroil and Powder Solvent for almost 15 hours.  The upper came apart as smooth as silk, even the gas tube slid out nicely despite being very fouled.

Re-assembly was very smooth and there were no issues.  In fact, despite the whole charging handle debacle, everything else is beyond perfect.  The barrel and FSB are TDC and all small parts fit together firmly, yet smoothly.  Upper and lower are nearly a perfect match.

The first pic is of the original donor 6320 slabside ( or 6401, if you prefer....I can NEVER keep Colt stuff straight ) and the pre-op LE lower with the Fulton Upper.  The next pic is of the 6320 Clone with an authentic 6520 above it.  With the exception of the charging handle and the upper, all else is donor Colt or New Colt from SAW Sales.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:51:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice, gotta love those lightweight carbines

the 6320's my favorite
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I am really happy with it...I need to get it out to the range and test fire it...hopefully Monday......time is sooooo damn short for me.

I am also a big 6320 fan....it's the best blend of AR features over the past thirty years or so, IMO.

Where did you pick up that beauty, YardDog????
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Got 2 of them, the lower one I built, it's on a Colt Lightweight lower, it mirrors my 1 of 300 6320 Police Patrol Carbine from Specialized Armament, also built with Lightweight marked lowers.

The top pic is the PP 6320, 1 in 9 barrel

only difference beteen the two is the Vltor stock

Love 'em
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Got 2 of them, the lower one I built, it's on a Colt Lightweight lower, it mirrors my 1 of 300 6320 Police Patrol Carbine from Specialized Armament, also built with Lightweight marked lowers.

The top pic is the PP 6320, 1 in 9 barrel

only difference beteen the two is the Vltor stock

Love 'em

S  W  E  E  T ! ! ! ! !

Check out my C7 Rifle Clone in this thread.....it covers a bit of both builds.....

Link to C7 rifle and carbine thread
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
tag for nite crew
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top