Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:38:45 PM EDT
I have a new 6.8 upper i am building and have had trouble before with tight gas blocks but nothing like this one.  Its the right size .750 and its a Badger speed block.  The barrel is a 16 inch from Dennys,  The block does not want to go on the barrel.   I have had to bump it to get it were it is.  The gas tube is lined up perfect and slide in easy after aligning the barrel nut.  Prior to trying to mount the gas block.   Any suggestions?  Also the gas tube does not want to go the whole way in the gas block either.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the problem may have been my lack of knowledge in how to fit a gas block.  The last one I had I was able to work it on with out too much trouble.  No way this one was even close.  I have a Larue inbound thanks to Denny.  He is flying it in on his private corporate  jet.  I remember him saying the big guy upstairs was his co-pilot.  No one else would fly with him.

The Larue gas block arrived was installed in about 3 minutes.  Nothing but LaRue gas blocks for me from now on.

+1 for Dennys customer service.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top