Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:37:07 PM EDT
I am looking at getting one of these and the only difference I see is the barrel and the carry handle. Is there any difference between the 2?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually there is no difference but the barrel profile.  You can get either one in the flat-top or A2 configurations.  Same quality.  Same company.  It's just a matter of looks.  I would suggest the chrome lining option.  Though it is not an absolute requirement (either way the barrel will probably outlast the owner) chrome lining does make cleaning easier.

Del-Ton is a good company and will treat you well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If you click on the gun with the carry handle, there is an option for the flat top and it doesnt cost a thing. However the first on with the flat top on their page is $10 more.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
flattops are sometimes cheaper than a2s because if you want iron sights it costs 80 for a carring handle or like 80 just for iron sights
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The second configuration, the RKT101, states that each barrel is "Heavy".  The RKT100, which starts out at $10 more, states that each barrel is an "M4" barrel.  The barrel pictures look different as well.

http://www.del-ton.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=80

straightShot
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:11:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey guys...check out www.centerfiresystems.com....they have a removable carry handle for $40.  Got one last week and now I'm waiting on a Sabre recce upper.  

The handle is not the prettiest thing in the world, but it works and feels like any other handle I've seen.  And for $40, it can get you shooting your new flattop until you can afford the BUIS.

-JBot
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top