Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:04:58 PM EDT
Ok,  if I get one of Dennys 6.8  Recon barrels and bolts can I use standard ar15 parts for the rest of the build except for the brake and  magzine?  Like the bolt carrier, fireing pin and cam pin?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep

Everythingelse is AR15 parts minus the magazine.
Which you can get from PRI and I believe a new company is selling them also.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you order the mag direct from PRI or who?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did you order the mag direct from PRI or who?

AR

Yes, there is a 6.8 FAQ tacked in the AR15 forum, there are links to alot of manufactures and such in it. But I ordered directly from PRI.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
There is nothing special about the PRI 6.8 mags.

The follower in the PRI mags is the looks exactly the same as Magpul's new enhanced follower.  Infact the follower in PRI's 6.8 mags are actaully roughly cut with rough edges.

All that crap about PRI investing money into the design and developement of the magazine for the 6.8 SPC is bull shit.  They just copied Magpul's follower and put it into a regular AR mag and had their name stamped on it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There is nothing special about the PRI 6.8 mags.

The follower in the PRI mags is the looks exactly the same as Magpul's new enhanced follower.  Infact the follower in PRI's 6.8 mags are actaully roughly cut with rough edges.

All that crap about PRI investing money into the design and developement of the magazine for the 6.8 SPC is bull shit.  They just copied Magpul's follower and put it into a regular AR mag and had their name stamped on it.

Have you even fucking HELD a PRI magazine? They are a proprietary design. The follower is different, albeit a magpul plastic piece. The floorplate is different, and the body is longer and has some differences. PRI had to buy tooling to make the mags, so they are costly.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought standard mags started to bow out when more than 5 or so rounds are loaded.  Do standard mags w/ Magpul followers solve this problem?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought standard mags started to bow out when more than 5 or so rounds are loaded.  Do standard mags w/ Magpul followers solve this problem?

No, the Aluminum mags will not work. I dont know about 5.56mm steel magazines, but I would just buy the 6.8 mags. They are good mags.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:18:47 AM EDT
[#8]
most if not all steel mag do not work either. i have tried hk, type 65, and imperial. the pri magazines have deeper front grouves.
a brand new die is like ~$50,000 to 150,000 depending on the complexities. if a mfg. is trying to even break even the runs of production have to be signifigant and sustained for the product to be cheap even for the cheipies. why does  a toliet seat on the space shuttle cost $50,000? ... because the die to make 10 of them cost $49,999 and 10 of them in material produced cost $1.

this is basic mfg/r&d. look kindly to your local community college for further help.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top