Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:20:35 AM EDT
Brownells have an AR15 lower -- $95 with C&R discount.
Has anyone seen one? I am interested in the quality and also what sort of logo (if any) is engraved on it.

ETA: these are the Double Star receivers.

Link
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Has anyone seen one? I am interested in the quality and also what sort of logo (if any) is engraved on it.

Link?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard lots of good things about them and nothing negative.   I did have a cople problems with a J&T Distributing kit, which is the same company I beleive.   Personally, I would buy a Stag, Lauer or Ameetec lower before buying a Double Star.   But that's just personal preference, Stag has the best finish and quality I've seen in ANY lower.  Just wish Stag would change that stupid deer logo.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
They are nice lowers. Go together fine. Good finish. Have to go through an FFL. C&R can not order a lower.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

ETA: these are the Double Star receivers.

Link

Ain't nothin' but a DPMS with a different logo on the side.  Don't know how it is where y'all live, but I can get equivalent lowers at any gun show here in GA for about $5 more, and get to pick my own. And not have to pay a dealer his extra $10-15.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#5]
They are made by a different company than DPMS lowers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#6]
double star is the sister company to jt distributing.

great lower all around
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:21:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They are nice lowers. Go together fine. Good finish. Have to go through an FFL. C&R can not order a lower.

Yeah, but they still can get the reduced price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:55:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Brownells and Midway will NOT allow non-FFL dealers to order lowers and have it shipped to the FFL dealer. You must order it through your FFL dealer. They literally gave me a HISSY FIT when I asked them about this. The guy I spoke to at Midway has the same voice as the menu system guy. He said, "you have absolutely nothing to do with the lower receiver. Your FFL dealer handles the purchase". His tone of voice sounded like I was asking them to do a favor.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Brownells and Midway will NOT allow non-FFL dealers to order lowers and have it shipped to the FFL dealer. You must order it through your FFL dealer. They literally gave me a HISSY FIT when I asked them about this. The guy I spoke to at Midway has the same voice as the menu system guy. He said, "you have absolutely nothing to do with the lower receiver. Your FFL dealer handles the purchase". His tone of voice sounded like I was asking them to do a favor.

I would have told him to fuck off and told him about all the business I have given them and then cancelled my account.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top