Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:00:07 PM EDT
Thinking of doing a build with a Lauer Custom Weaponry Lower for a build.

Are they made by LMT as I have heard?

Would it match pretty close to a CMT/STAG upper as far as color?

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I am getting two of them tomorrow and will report back on how they look.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
THANKS!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Lauer lower and it is nice, used an LMT upper. I posted a pic of the build not too long ago.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both the LCW and the Stag.  My stag lower is a matte, dark dark charcoal anodize, almost like the color of an old colt ar.  My LCW-15 is a deep black matte moly- or teflon coat on top of the anodizing.  The finish work on the LCW is pretty good, but not up to the level of a stag or mega.  I'm really happy with my LCW.  It sits beneath a bushy a2 m4gery upper.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am getting two of them tomorrow and will report back on how they look.

When did you order. Placed my order on the 9th called on the 23rd. they said it was shipping out that day. still havent seen anything. And I am in Wisconsin.

head.gif

It came in Signing the paper work tonight. This thing looks great. +1
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a Lauer lower from GTS awhile ago and it appears real well done.  

Paul
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my two receivers today.  The dealer I went through, picked them up for me at Chippewa Falls when he attended a Dura Cote class.  He said that they are selling them as fast as they get them.  They both looked good and I like the Chippewa Falls WI address on them.  I would compare the color tone of metal as a very close match to the black plastic handguard that came with the lower parts kit.  My first assembly and it took about 45-60 min thanks to the great explanation on this forum.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]
My lcw lower is soon t0-be a OD 9mm AR.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I have two Lauer lowers and have no issues with them. There are some very minor cosmetic "issues", if you want to call them issues. Yes, they could have done a better job machining out some rough spots, but hey, it's a battle rifle, not a safe queen, it's meant to be enjoyed!

Ya can't go wrong with Lauers.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#11]
My two lauer lowers are awesome, and I have to say I think they have the best looking rollmark out there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have to say I think they have the best looking rollmark out there.

+1
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top