Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 2:58:26 PM EDT
After playing catch and release for 45 minutes, I am thinking that there has to be a tool for this purpose. Is there?

I bought a RB precision kit and stuffed the lower together in 15 minutes with the execption of the pins.

I am also having minor trouble with the selector switch detent. DOes the pointy end engage with the selector arm? If not I got that hung in upside down with no chance of removing it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but you really don't need it IMO.

Read this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=269794
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I'll try method 1 what about the fire selector detent?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Selector detent goes into a hole, and the spring sits inside the grip, very easy. I set my lower straight up with the buffer tube area and PG sitting on a roll of duct tape. I then  use a needle nose pliers to gently hold the front pivot detent and start pushing it down with the pivot pin. Once the detent gets started into the hole I remove the pliers and carefully push the pin down untill I can slide it into the hole.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, but which end of the selector detent goes in first? I stuck the pointy end in first and it doesn't seem to be working right. Nor can I get it back out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Pointy end as far as I know, and I have installed 4 of them adn they worked every time. You may have a burr in the hole, try using a drill bit the same size or just smaller than the detent hole. Just use you fingers and spin it through the hole to take care of any burrs that might be in the way of the detent.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay thanks
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a nail set punch to press the detent in, while using the second pivot pin installed backwards trick.   Compress the detent, slide the backwards pin to retain the detent, then slide the correct pivot pin into place pushing the backwards one out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:03:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I made this tool myself and it works great.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top