Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:58:50 AM EDT
I just wanted to share a couple of pics of my first build.  Experienced no problems what so ever.  thanks to all the knowledge I have gleaned from this site.

RRA stripper lower
RRA LPK
RRA NM Trigger
KNS non-rotational pins
Magpul MIAD grip in Coyote Brown

Thanks to Denny and Pete for the quick shipping on the parts.

Parts currently on order:
Magpul M93B stock in coyote brown
Magpul enhanced trigger guard
Magpul 123 battery core

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking good!

Mike
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I am waiting on the parts to ge here to do almost the exact same.  I just don't have the anti-rotate pins

I'm sooo excited, I just can't wait for the parts to arrived!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
got yourself a good start there, when is the upper showing up
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good to me so far.

Did you order your upper parts already or what are your plans for the upper?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#5]
So far, so good.  Good luck completing it.  I'm up to the same point on my build, assembled upper and lower receiver small parts this past weekend into MEGA receivers.  I'm also planning on using an M93B and probably will be placing an order through someone soon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Why did you use the KNS non rotational pins?  Going to build a lower soon and haven't came across anything like that.  Something i missed?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:00:40 AM EDT
[#7]
looks great to this point keep up the good work
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Did you use anything to hold the roll pins when you tapped them in? I saw one guy on here messed up his second build scratching his lower.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the comments guys,

As far as the upper goes, I'm leaning toward a complete RRA 16" mid-lenth A4 (flat top) chrome lined

With a Daniel Defense 9.0 rail
A2 front sight
A2 flash hider
flip-up BUIS (not sure, which one yet, but probably GG&G)

Rail toys:
SUREFIRE M900A
Eotech (not sure on model yet)

on the KNS pins, there are others on this board who can tell you better than I can about them, but I will say they made the installation of the trigger group a breeze.  

Here is a description of how they work, "Once the pins are in place in the receiver you simply place the pin retainers over the threaded holes in the pins and secure them with the screws provided. Once installed your hammer/trigger pins will no longer rotate and cause un-necessary receiver wear and the pins also cannot “walk out” to due weak hammer or trigger springs. "

Muskyjerk, I think the best tip I learned from this website was to tape up the frame where ever you might hit or scratch it during installation of roll pins.  

Be sure and check out the tagged how-to articles Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions  They really helped me out alot.

I'm hoping my stock will get here tomorrow, and I'll post some new pic's
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks my lower was suppose to be on the way on monday, no call yet

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I got my stock and a few other toys yesterday, so here are a couple more pics.

Added:

Magpul M93b stock in coyote brown
changed out the miad grip trigger guard for the Magpul enhanced trigger guard
HK style sling mount
Magpul 123 battery compartment
Magpul strike plate

I had not handled a M93b before today.  It was beefier than I expected.  The installation was a little more involved  than a standard collapsible stock, but not difficult at all.  

Now, time to start shopping for that upper.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top