Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:21:50 PM EDT
Looks like I've decided on a Del-ton kit, the price seems right and I've read nothing negative about him or the company. I have several questions about options.

1)Chrome lined or not?
2)M4 six position stock or standard 4 position?
3)Tac latch on the charging handle?
4)What are "T Marks" with regards to the upper?
5)What are M4 feed ramps and what the benifit?
6)What stripped lower should I go with?

Thanks, this is my first build, so any help will be listen to.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
1) Go Chrome
2) I like the 6 pos. Better
3) Yes, I like the PRI big latch.
4) Refrence marks on the flat top upper.
5) They are Extended Feed ramps, and you don't need them.
6)I like Stag.

Just my .02 cents, hope it helps.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks like I've decided on a Del-ton kit, the price seems right and I've read nothing negative about him or the company. I have several questions about options.

1)Chrome lined or not? yes you want chrome lined
2)M4 six position stock or standard 4 position? 6 pos
3)Tac latch on the charging handle? no not a tac latch, get a PRI big latch
4)What are "T Marks" with regards to the upper? as said already reference marks
5)What are M4 feed ramps and what the benifit? enhanced feeding capability, not needed IMO
6)What stripped lower should I go with? i just got one of these and love it GTS

Thanks, this is my first build, so any help will be listen to.

good luck on your build
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

1)Chrome lined or not?I like chrome lined or stainless because even dirt will rust in the northwest
2)M4 six position stock or standard 4 position?I like the extra surface area in the butt section and slightly better adjustability of the M4 stock
3)Tac latch on the charging handle?I'm not a LEO, or military,  or any sort of "operator".  Just a guy who likes to shoot.  I've never really seen the stock charging handle as something that needed this addition.  I'd rather spend the money on magazines and ammo.
4)What are "T Marks" with regards to the upper?The others explained it better than I could have.
5)What are M4 feed ramps and what the benifit?ditto
6)What stripped lower should I go with?I'd get another Mega lower in a heartbeat.

Thanks, this is my first build, so any help will be listen to.

Welcome to BRD.  If I'd known it was going to be this addictive, I wouldn't have built my first....ahh who am I kidding...  Time to buy another lower.  I wouldn't want my other AR to get lonely
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all who replied, ya'll are great, so is this forum.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top