Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:26:52 PM EDT
ok, it was a 16in banned Bushmaster A2, but then i replaced the bbl with a 1-7 Bushmaster 20in bbl assembly

i tried to sight it in, and i was not getting anything on paper--turns out i was shooting WAY to the right....

i maxed out and put the windage all the way to the left...and i still barely hit the center of what i am aiming at

distance was 50yrds

now i have done some searches and some reading and some bbl checking--i hear that bushmaster has been having problems w/ canted front sight bases....but i dont see the cant ( to test, i placed the complete upper upside down on a level table and all the wings and sights were on the table)

the only ways i can supposidly fix it is to:
1:) hit the FSB hard (to the left?) w/ a mallet.....
2:) take off my bbl nut, and check the alignment of the bbl notch and make sure its lined up w/ the FSB--if its not, get a punch and smack the edge of the bbl notch to make it fit (in my case, smack the right side so it will alighn left) and make sure it fits into the reciver notch

so, any other ideas or advise?

thanks all
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
had the same problem with a model 1 upper and i just hit it with a mallet and now its perfect
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
thats what i heard mr eklikwhoa, thats why i'm hoping it will work for me...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]
mark it before you hit it so that you know if it works.

one mark/line on the fsb and one on the upper.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
there is another fix. Ok, this is going to sound a lil hick, but it worked for me. My BM 11.5 w 5.5 was shooting right like yours. I took it home poped the barrel nut and drew the barrel out slightly I folded a piece of tin foil three times and placed it in a cressent on the retaining ring between the upper and the ring on the right side. This little bit of foil compressed into the upper as I tightened the nut, and currently the weapon is well within the standard expectations for windage adjustment but still a little right from dead center. 11 clicks to begin  now it is four
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
mark it before you hit it so that you know if it works.

one mark/line on the fsb and one on the upper.

yes sir--will do

1IV: whatever works--if its still 11 clicks off, how far off were you origionally shooting?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]
11 clicks to begin now it is four depending on how your eyes line up the two hash marks. Oho yes, and this is with a superior arms upper A2. I think it was the uppers fault not the barrel.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top