Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2006 11:26:42 AM EDT
I swore no more AR's...I don't know why I just ordered a GT lower or why I'm looking at parts kits and barrel configurations. How about that POF upper assy? I can probably reconcile myself to a piston op upper...hmmm
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#1]
stay away from the SHOT show pics, then.
I warned you!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#2]
you could have been pissed on.

I said the same thing and just bought 3 more RRA lowers
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
you could have been pissed on.

I said the same thing and just bought 3 more RRA lowers

It's definitely a disease....guess there could be worse ones to have.

I've got several projects in the works myself...and haven't the time to shoot what I have!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
welcome to the disease
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]
It is spreading rapidly here out west.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Things are picking up here in the Northeast too. I'm buying the parts for my first AR, know quite a few people that are interested in buying and my older Brother will be buying not long after me.

I was at a dealer last week and just mentioned to my son that "I was going to buy one of those" (pointing at the AR) and the guy next to me whipped around to look. Next minute, he was AR shopping.  h.gif
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure I will get pissed on as soon as my old lady finds out! It is amazing out here in Oklahoma...you know the "Waste Land" how well armed the populace is, and I don't mean GrandPas .22. I moved out here from Kali back in 90'. I built several back before the AWB and sold them off over time. My last project was a XM and now there's the M4...hell, 6-position telescoping,mil-spec standard or "H" buffer. flat-tops,picanny rails.eotech holographic sights. Just catching up is a blast. Until I get this build done I'll have to settle for my backup.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/hillmillenia/openfolder.jpg

It does in a pinch.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks...perhaps I need to talk to my banker? I am looking forward to getting started. That GT receiver looks good by the pics and everything I've read so far indicates it's a fine basis for a build. I'm really undecided on the upper though I 'spect I'll go with a basic 16" carbine A2 or A3 upper and eventually look into the piston op uppers. I remember years ago alot talk about the Rhino system and apparently the idea has come back around in spades. It all comes down to what you think you need and what you want rather you really need it or not. I'll make those paper targets at the range pay!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
best carbine barrel for the GT lower would be one of  Denny's Operator barrels. Jut MHO
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Just another Member of the CLUB, Enjoy
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#12]
usagold, where did you get the lowers? I'm looking for 3 stripped rra lowers for around 100-110 but can't find em anywhere. Every place is out of stock.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Look dude, I did not piss you off. It's your own hang-up...Nobody but yourself....

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#14]
yeah, blame the pushers, er, I mean dealers like Denny for supplying you!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Denny...Yeah he's the guy I ordered that GT receiver from...oh and the lower parts kit...and the M4 telescoping stock...where can I find an upper?!?! I feel so weak
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top