Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 10:46:10 PM EDT
Hey, I'm looking to start building my own AR and I want to pick up all the tools I will need BEFORE I start to work. What tools do I need and where can I get them? I was looking at the armorers kits on Bushy's website. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You are building the entire rifle?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have found the DPMS barel wrench to be very good and I would also recomend their upper reciever block, you need these two tools at a minimum. You could make a block but they aren't that expensive. The rest of the stuff you should have already; small lightweight hammer, a good vice, punch set,etc.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're talking building from a stripped lower and a pre-built upper , just household tools would do good. I assembled my m1s kit with a $9 walmart vise and a pair of needle nosed pliers.......And yes , it holds about 1/2 MOA with match ammo :D
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Action block set, armorers wrench, punch set, rawhide mallet(any hammer will suffice, I just prefer rawhide for punches), flat head screw driver, wheel bearing grease, and a SOLIDLY mounted vice.

I got the M1S action block set(2 piece) and armorers wrench from Bravo Company:

http://bravocompanyusa.com/Page5.html

If you don't have punches, may as well pick them up here also...

They are good folks, nice to deal with and they go above and beyond.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top