Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2006 9:53:59 AM EDT
I know i can probably get one a little cheaper on the net but my local shop has a stag stripped lower for $115.00 is this an ok deal or should i just get a rra off the net and go through the ffl
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know i can probably get one a little cheaper on the net but my local shop has a stag stripped lower for $115.00 is this an ok deal or should i just get a rra off the net and go through the ffl

I've seen Stag for $90-100 online, plus shipping, plus your dealer's transfer fees.  $115 isn't too bad. You should go with a Rock River Arms lower if it's what you really want.   Personally, I would get the Stag, because of the convienance and it's just as good.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I've found RRA's locally here for 129  -  I figure thats about as good as it gets, when you consider having to ship and ffl a cheaper one from elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I would think RRA would have a better resale value down the road, but thats just me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
" would think RRA would have a better resale value down "

Yeah - hence my reasoning for an extra few bucks up front... It matters to me personally...NONE, but if I ever have to sell, there's no gaurantee the next guy will feel the same way.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:40:58 AM EDT
[#5]
For fit, finish and $$$ I would go with RRA.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:55:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I have to argue that fit and finish is there on the Stag. I just got another one because I was very impressed with price and quality. Plus the fact that there is zero slop between the upper and lower. Makes my Bushy seem like a POS.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:59:09 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Stag Arms, best quality stuff out there!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:36:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats not a bad price when you factor in shipping and FFL costs. You have to pay tax too so dont forget that. Stag appears to be a good product
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#9]
"Sell" an AR?
Just buy a larger gun cabinet!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top