Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 5:12:58 AM EDT
hello all,
ive finaly got all my parts together for my first AR build. i was wondering if any one had any good ideas, or if theres any parts on here that just suck and shouldn't even be assembled onto the rifle. so far heres what i got:

stag lower
stag LPK
armalite 4 position collapsable stock
RRA car a4 barreled upper (chrome lined w/ a2 frontsight&gasblock)
RRA  bolt carrier assembly
RRA charging handle
RRA upper parts kit
ARMS #40L rear sight
YHM eotech riser mount
3 USGI  unissued surplus mags
lots of winchester whitebox ammo

what kind of slings are good? i dont need to carry the rifle on patrol for hours or anything but i want a sturdy, dependable sling that isnt realy complicated to take on/off.

im also thinking of getting a surefire front sight mounted flashlight...is this a good way to attach the flaslight? this pics ive seen look solid, but would i be better off mounting it on a rail under the handguards?

alos what kind of cleaning kit should i get.....would a regular rifle cleaning kit do the job (provided i pay special attention to the chamber) or should i get one of those AR specific kits? This is my first long gun, and as long time handgun man the process of cleaning my AR seems a bit different than cleaning my glocks....if i decide to clean my glocks that is.

i will, very soon, buy one of the NVG compatible AA powered eotechs, but not quite yet.

does wolf ammo suck? i hate thier handgun ammo (it gets my glocks realy dirty) and ive heard that shooting steel cased ammo in ARs is bad...any truth to this or am i just looking for another not to give russia any of my money?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
All your parts suck... Send them to me and I'll dispose of them properly....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top