Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 10:24:24 AM EDT
Monday about noon I ordered a 16" mid-length complete kit, primarily for the upper and to have some parts for the NEXT build.  I called today for a tracking number around noon and was told by them it was out for delivery.  I was SHOCKED.  Usually it seems to take most people a couple of days just to get something out the door.  The big brown truck dropped off the kit about 1:00 p.m. today.  The upper is on my lower and the parts look great.

Their 16" midlength A4 is built on a Rock River upper.  Everything looks great and the fit is T-I-G-H-T!  No movement at all between the upper and lower.  The upper and barrel extension have m4 ramps that are done right. at least looking at them.

I cannot wait to shoot it- i'll report the results.

I went back & forth about who to order from.  There are a lot of great vendors, especially on this sight.  I looked at J & T, Del-Ton and Model 1 but couldn't find the midlength I wanted from any of them.

If this thing shoots anywhere near what it looks like I will be ecstatic.  M & A's service (delivery) is first rate.  So far, I would reccomend them to anyone.

Bill D
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#1]
bring on the pics
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics!

especially of the M4 ramps.

RRA usually dremels them in.  Are yours anodized or bare aluminum?

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing fancy- I'll see if I can  manage a pic.  

This is my first AR since the AWB so the only one with anything on the end of the barrel.  Sure looks good.  And it isn't an A4, it's a flattop A2 (I guess).  Went with the standard A2 stock but I've got a couple of A1's on order.  I don't care so much for "Tactical" as all I'll do with it is tactically punch paper and occasionally tactically punch a hole in a coyote at the farm.  I did install an A.R.M.S. #38 Swan Sleeve with the integral flip-up sight and right this minute it's wearing the El-Cheapo red dot I bought for another AR just to play with.  Maybe someday- an Eotech, Holosight or other good sight- we'll just have to wait and see.  If it shoots less than an inch like my RRA 20" A2 I may just go with a scope.  The 20 is free floated so I am not holding my breath.  Feed ramps are milled into the upper apparently AFTER anodizing and/or finishing- like an afterthought.  Can't get a good pic but they are well done.  Better than "dremel" work.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/bduffel/b3f8aa91.jpg
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
RKAngel,

After looking more closely, I don't think they are M4 ramps, but someone felt the need to relieve the upper below them.

Bill D
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top