Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 10:37:15 AM EDT
I have two Cav Arms lower receivered ARs, one black, one OD.

Has anyone replaced the annoying takedown pins on these lowers? I prefer the type used on aluminum lowers, push, pull, they stay in. I hate the fact those in the Cav lowers come out, and I need a punch of some sort to get them started.

JoeLad
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Has not been a problem, however, if you find they come out too easy check out a boat store for sailboat clevis pins, which come in all sizes, lengths and configerations and will work in your gun.  You might try West Marine or Defender Marine online, search for clevis pin.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have two Cav Arms lower receivered ARs, one black, one OD.

Has anyone replaced the annoying takedown pins on these lowers? I prefer the type used on aluminum lowers, push, pull, they stay in. I hate the fact those in the Cav lowers come out, and I need a punch of some sort to get them started.

JoeLadhr

I also have a Cav Arms lower and I also find the pins a bit annoying. However it holds the upper and lower together nice and tight.

I had seen the shattered remains of an M16A2 (in the ARMY) that suffered from loose pins. So I would rather have tight pins (tight fit) versus easy to press pins (looser fit).

Aside from the pins, I find no fault with the lower. It is a used lower purchased from the EE.

To start the pins, I use an unfired round (like the M16 TM says to use).

Lemover1
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top