Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2006 1:07:25 PM EDT
hello all,
i posted a couple of questions a while back and have been lurking ever since. this is a very good forum  for newb like myself to learn from. so far ive managed to get myself off to a good start. ive gotten a stag arms lower, an armalite 4 postion stock, and im the process of ordering a stag arms LPK to assemble my lower with. now that tax return time is comming im looking to buy an assembled upper..id like to go with a pressassembled one b/c the whole gauging and headspace thing seems intimidating...but the next build i will do all myself.  thanks for all the good info so farmy main questions are about the upper. ive decided i want a flat top upper. i plan to get one with an a2 style front sight and gas block and put a flip up rear sight on it. Who makes good flip up rear sights? whats a good price on them? very shortly i'll be buying an eotech and im wondering whats a good mount for that sight? idealy i'd like to it mounted so the reticle is just a bit above the fs post. also these freefloated rail systems are realy expnsive, does anyone make a good flashlight that mounts to the barrel and not a rail? i could save some money by getting just a regular freefloated handguard becuase i'm fairly certain id never put that many gadgets on this AR..the next one will be the ridiculous uber tacticool build.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
id like to go with a pressassembled one b/c the whole gauging and headspace thing seems intimidating.

The barrel is headspaced at the factory. If you use a new barrel and new bolt, chances are that it will headspace in spec.

Who makes good flip up rear sights? whats a good price on them?

Many prefer the ARMS #40, which can be bought new for around $100.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top