Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 1:35:39 PM EDT
I can get a deal on some 6 position AR butt stocks that are made by TAPCO.  They look the same as everyone elses.  Anyone have experience with this brand?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
as good as vulcan/hesse!

go for it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
a lot of tapco stuff is crap, but sometimes they have some genuinely good items. they make up for it on service. absolutely top notch service and it appears as though they are trying to carry better quality stuff.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!  Maybe I'll get just 1 to try before I stock them for customers.   Don't need any complaints.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Whoa!  I have the Tapco T6 on my carbine, and I've had no problems with it (yet).

The only complaint I have is the sling attatchment is kinda chinsey, squared off looking.

I got it as a LEO demo and got to keep it. So far so good, and it's been used pretty extensively.

It's for my PERSONAL "toy", however, and until it's had further field testing by me, I wouldn't trust it in an environment where my life or those of others depended on it....if it's gonna fail, it will undoubtedly do it when you need it the most, guaranteed.
For shooting "paper people", it's great.

I think the average civilian shooter who babies their rifle will be happy with it. If it's in a service capacity, however, I wouldn't trust it, IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I have started to refer to them to myself as Crapco instead of Tapco.  I have ordered from them two or three times in the last 5 years.  My impression is the things they sell are either cheap knockoffs of the good stuff or poorer quality than you can get elsewhere for the same or a little more money.  

Better VALUE, in my opinion, can be had from dealers/vendors listed in the Industry section at the top of this page or in the Equipment Exchange here.  I see the EE as kind of like buying from family.  If someone makes you a "not so good" deal you kind of have to look at each other over the dinner table from there on out, so to speak.  

Spend a couple of dollars more and get a much better VALUE, rather than buy cheap then buy again later when the cheap doesn't pan out like you wish it would.

Anybody want a CHEAP deal on an A1 Tapco buttstock with minor dings and a cheezy stamped sling swivel?  Say 10 bucks shipped with the Tapco buttplate? (not really an offer to sell-I think that might be against the rules in this section of the forum).  I'm going to have to buy another to replace this one as I just don't like it.  Been there learned that- finally.

I'm sure Tapco would take it back.  They apparently have a good guarantee of satisfaction.  I just hate to go through the hassle of a return and eating shipping especially on an inexpensive item.

Bill D
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top