Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2006 1:44:56 PM EDT
Coated lower parts with GunKote dark parkarized gray: extremely close match.  Wiped with CLP; upper and lower match perfectly.  Used DPMS (from Fulton Armory) slab side, chrome bolt carrier to match originals.  A1 stock (early model, no trapdoor) and A1 grip.

Only two hitches:
1. Retaining detent pin took flight.  Never saw it again.  Luckily, Stag LPK had an EXTRA one.
2. Front pin extremely tight through upper.  Probably will lighten with a few hundred rounds.

Nice lightweight rifle.  Will take it to the range when I can.

BTW, Stag LPK is the nicest I've seen.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Wheres the pictures
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Pics!!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I cleaned off the CLP and used a flash to show the color difference between the KG GunKote and Colt's original finish.

Am I the only one not getting email notifications to my posting subscriptions?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Thas' a good lookin rifle ya got there. I got one just like it accept for a Superior lower [ I'm cheap ].  Just got the lower today and put the LPK in it. Sucky Model 1.  Somebody tell me how to post pics.

rj
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey fellow Smoke-eater!

Nice rifle.  Where'd you get the chrome carrier?  It looks like a slabside carrier, is it?  I want a chrome carrier so bad.  I don't know why I do, I just do.

Regards,
PatG.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is a little tip for you. replace the port door with an A2 port door. If the upper and lower are hinged open and the port door is open as soon as you try to close the upper and lower the port door will dig into your lower and possibly bend the door.  The A2 port door has a little wedge on the outside that holds the door clear of the protrusion on the side of the upper. The origional recivers dont have this protrusion so the wedge wasnt needed. I have one just like yours that I origionally used an A2 lower on and had to switch the port door.   I recentley went back to the origional port door because I found an SP1 lower. If you would like a free A2 port door Email me and it is yours.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:20:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Here is a little tip for you. replace the port door with an A2 port door. If the upper and lower are hinged open and the port door is open as soon as you try to close the upper and lower the port door will dig into your lower and possibly bend the door.  The A2 port door has a little wedge on the outside that holds the door clear of the protrusion on the side of the upper. The origional recivers dont have this protrusion so the wedge wasnt needed. I have one just like yours that I origionally used an A2 lower on and had to switch the port door.   I recentley went back to the origional port door because I found an SP1 lower. If you would like a free A2 port door Email me and it is yours.

If you want to avoid putting a permanent outline of your  door onto the SP1 lower, you'll damn well keep your A2 cover where it is.

Ask any long time SP1 owner, The original profile door makes a really ugly mark on that totally flat lower.  Like the one I've owned since 1978.

Oh well ,with the A2 door that's now on it, at least it won't get any worse.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:41:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats a great looking build, job well done congrats
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top