Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:23:44 AM EDT
I put in an order for a 14.5in barrel from bushmaster over a month ago and i have not yet gotten it.  I have put in a number of emails and got one back about 2 weeks ago saying things were a week out from being processed.  I'm thinking of canceling my order but I wanted suggestions for a quality barrel mfg and dealer.  Feel free to insert shamless self promotion.  I plan on calling them today to find out what's going on but i wanted to get some other options for the future.  I will say this is not average for bushmaster in my experiance but things happen.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
call them.

if you decide to cancel gds_enterprise has mot to all bushmaster bbls. in stock along with special order ones and ships in a few days
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#2]
"It looks like the barrels that came through we allocated to orders ahead of
yours.  Sorry for the delay.   It looks like delivery on the post ban barrels will be
several more weeks."

BOOOOO -10 points for bushmaster.  Order cancelled.  I'll scope out around the equipment exchange and see if i can't pick something else up.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds about right for Bushmaster from my experience with them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"It looks like the barrels that came through we allocated to orders such as the 200 used for the 2005 SEBR ahead of yours.  Sorry for the delay.   It looks like delivery on the post ban barrels will be
several more weeks."

BOOOOO -10 points for bushmaster.  Order cancelled.  I'll scope out around the equipment exchange and see if i can't pick something else up.  Thanks.

10 weeks!  F*** that indeed.  The EE should have something for you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#5]
post ban barrel?

-10 for you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
post ban barrel?hr

*CRY*
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"It looks like the barrels that came through we allocated to orders ahead of
yours.  Sorry for the delay.   It looks like delivery on the post ban barrels will be
several more weeks."

Why didn't you scope it out before you canceled your order?  Burning bridges is not a wise thing, I speake from experience.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I had about the same experience with them a while back on an M4 profile barrel. The hang up is the chrome shop. (I called and spoke at length) they say the chrome shop they use is swamped turning out barrels for the military. Anyway...I finally got my barrel. Don't know that I wouldn't just use someone else next time. After all, they all use about the same barrel makers.

Pete
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#9]
it took me a month to get my 16" heavy bbl. when i ordered it they told me it would be a month.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a flat top upper reciever and got it in four days. Just ordered a 14.5 barrel with a perm attached phantom2 fh and recieved it in four days. I do know the 1st time I ordered the barrel I wanted a regular Phantom and it would be 6 weeks. The barrels with Phantom 2's were ready to go.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I put in an order for a 14.5in barrel from bushmaster over a month ago and i have not yet gotten it.  I have put in a number of emails and got one back about 2 weeks ago saying things were a week out from being processed.  I'm thinking of canceling my order but I wanted suggestions for a quality barrel mfg and dealer.  Feel free to insert shamless self promotion.  I plan on calling them today to find out what's going on but i wanted to get some other options for the future.  I will say this is not average for bushmaster in my experiance but things happen.

I ordered a bushmaster 14.5" fluted chrome lined upper and it arrived a tad over 1 week (from the time of calling to delivery.)  I am very happy with their product and service.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top