Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2006 1:09:48 PM EDT
I bought a Armalight lower parts kit for my build and when I assembled it the selector switch is a little loose and not quite precise. Do I need to get a different selector switch or jus try to adjust it ? it just feels a little loose. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you use the correct detent and spring? Is it installed correctly with the spring going into the hole in the pistol grip?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I will check but everything else fits fine could the detent be changeable with another one? which one ? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I took pistol grip off and checked spring and detent both correct and reassembled them and tightened up grip MIAD and it seemed to be a little better still a little play back and forth side to side unlike other AR. hmmmmmmm???
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:45:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes the detent depressions are cut a little wider and/or deeper on a given switch and this will give you a sloppy  feeling.  I've even seen it on Colt built M16 parts.  In some other cases the hole in the lower for the detent itself is a couple of thousanths on the big side, in which case you're going to have a bit of slop no matter what you do.

Just part of thr joy of owning more than one AR are the variations you encounter between different pieces
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top