Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 8:41:07 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience with Les Bauer?  I know they are more money but are they worth it?  I want to get an AR in .204Ruger, any suggestions on manufacture?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
This is the build section, so I am a little confused as to what you are looking for....  

Are you looking to build a Les Bauer, or just purchase one?  If your question is regarding just making a purchase, go over to the general AR15 discussion area and read some of the threads.  The LB and WC have been talked about quite a bit lately.

ETA-  Hmm, I just did a topic search for you and didn't come up with much for LB, you might want to just start a new thread in General Discussion for info.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you're looking for a Les Baer

Les Bauer is his Canadian brother . . . mostly hockey equipment
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think you're looking for a Les Baer

Les Bauer is his Canadian brother . . . mostly hockey equipment

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I was looking at using a LB upper in 204.  I am new to the AR website and AR's in general.  I was hoping someone in this room had experience with LB and the quality of there work.  People that tend to put there own equipment together typically demand more from the vendor then those that just purchase an already built gun.  Of course, if the LB is the best, then it might make little sense to re-invent the wheel.

Quoted:
This is the build section, so I am a little confused as to what you are looking for....  

Are you looking to build a Les Bauer, or just purchase one?  If your question is regarding just making a purchase, go over to the general AR15 discussion area and read some of the threads.  The LB and WC have been talked about quite a bit lately.

ETA-  Hmm, I just did a topic search for you and didn't come up with much for LB, you might want to just start a new thread in General Discussion for info.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#5]
use the serach tab and check out what some of the other guys have to say.  

i don't own an LB unit.  i may, but i kind of doubt it.  you can assemble a unit yourself for far less money.  i would go that route myself, simply because i like doing it.

don't think LB is only game in town.  they must be pretty good, but i've seen a much larger volume of people on this site do as much or more with far less cost involved.

read some of the posts and you'll get my drift.

-septic tank

also, sorry for the laugh above.  didn't mean to convey the wrong sentiment...  i knew i'd heard of les bauer somewhere and then i thought of some skates my wife bought...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top