eject port cover & FW assist installed,
16" chrom-lined M4 profile BBL with F/S installed,
gas tube installed,
fixed FSB with bayo lug

Any review? The price $500ish too high?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't like mine.

The finish wasn't as good as everyone raved, and the fit was awful.  The upper had almost 1/8" play in it against my non-LMT lower.   I wound up selling it and replacing it with an ameetec (same manufacturer as my lower.)

The fit is much better, the finish is a better match for my lower.  (and IMO better looking, though your opinion may differ.)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
They are on par with colts and have awesome reviews.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
LMT M4 uppers are Mil-Spec and they have a current military contract.

Their quality are like my other Colt carbine and have a good consensus from a majority of members here.

They have real M4 feed ramps, not dremeled also their barrel and bolt are MP inspected, each and everyone.

My LMT upper fits just right with my LMT Defender 2000 lower, not loose or too tight.

The price range of the uppers are around $465 to $485 (without BCG and CH), take a look at the Equipment Exchange board of this site, there are a lot of sellers that have them there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
'bout what I would say , Alpha-Romeo

I have the 16" LMT M4 upper and consider it as good as any of its type anywhere

I don't doubt your experience Horse, but it is the exception based on many reports posted on this site

The only - and I mean only - negative remarks I recall were second hand reports of the 10.5" upper being a finicky set-up...........but that may apply to any 10.5

I'd consider their stuff absolutely top-tier
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm running two complete LMTs: a 10.5" and a 16" M4 and both have been 100% reliable. I'm pleased with both rigs and would recommend them to anyone.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#6]

My 16" LMT M4 upper has been dead nuts reliable.  It fits the lower perfectly.

To those concerned with cosmetics, the finish is just fine.

I got mine here:  www.gandrtactical.com/lmt.htm

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:04:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I would have to agree....I have two LMT lowers, two LMT SOPMOD stocks, and one 16" upper. All have been perfect, and 100% reliable!!!! And they look good too.

Sean
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had three in my hands. All mechanically perfect, one had some grinding marks under the anodizing, one of the other two had some smaller dings the third was perfect.

The one I put a free float on was not parked under FSB and also had dowel pins, not taper pins.

If I were to buy a lightweight M4 upper in today's market I would get a BCM (Bravo Company Manufacturing) and add a CMT MP tested bolt group.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top