BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2006 2:08:29 PM EDT
Any thoughts or opinions on them?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an issue with one of the MkI lowers, but they replaced it with a brand new MkII.  (Great warranty/service.)

No issues at all with the MkIIs & I have three of them.  (Great products IMHO.)

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had an issue with one of the MkI lowers, but they replaced it with a brand new MkII.  (Great warranty/service.)

No issues at all with the MkIIs & I have three of them.  (Great products IMHO.)

Got any pics?

I am very tempted to use one of them with a Mega upper reciever on a 20" build.

Never have felt one but they look pretty snazzy IMHO.

How do they "feel"? Whats the lenght of pull on them compare to?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and love it. A1 length, but I find it more comfortable to shoot that an M-16a1. The grip feels a little different to start out, but you will shortly learn to like it better than a standard grip.  Very lightweight and strong.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for more input :)
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a great idea that needs a little design revision IMHO.

I never use mine, the grip is just too poorly shaped.  Cannot reach the safety without readjusting my grip and that's not acceptable to me.   If it was a standard A2 grip shape, or else more like a MIAD or the Ergo grip (or Hk grip or....) then I'd find them more usable.  If they'd also offer a shorter stock length (somewhere in the range of an entry stock to a sully stock) I'd have a few more of them.

However, for a plinker or range toy, they should be fine, and they're a great group of people to deal with.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Built a light weight carbine on one and love it.  Every thing works as advertised.  The selector switch can be a bit of a guess to get the spring right, take your time on that part.  Total weight is something like 6 lbs.  Looks good and functions perfectly.  Might be a bit cheaper then an alum lower if you can get the parts you need and not a kit.  Or sell the parts from the kit you do not use.

Would not build on Cav Arms lower for any other reason then to get as light as possible.  Just does not make any sense.  Except, if you can find one of the odd colors such as yellow, blue or pink (even glow in the dark was done) and want to have some fun.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll add some more. Another advantage for me with the Cav is the fact that the polymer receiver does not transmit heat or cold like the aluminum ones do. I live in northern MN and I use my rifle out in the snow and ice when it is well below freezing and sub-zero. Any metal like the barrel and magazines pick up ice every time they get snow on them, but the lower doesn't. I also notice less condenstaion when the rifle goes from cold to warm and back again.

Ergonomicly everyone is different. The A2 grip and angle is not as comfortable for me as the Cav. I also shoot a Benelli Nova shotgun which has a larger grip than many other shotguns, so i think that I just have a prefrence. The stock length works fine for me as I don't use it for CQB roles or wear body armor, works fine with heavy clothes for me and I am 5' 10".

Warranty cannot be beat either, Something that is their fault is a free new receiver. You bust it, run it over with the truck, etc. $30 new receiver.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome product and service to go along with it.   Good bunch of guys as well.
I have had a black / OD green and Tan.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top