Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 12:40:59 PM EDT
I just bought my first stripped lower 89 bucks for a in the wrapper Rock river! I am stoked to get building.

My question is who sells the least expensive lower parts kits? What about Buffer/stock assembly? First buil will probably be an A2.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
thats one hell of a deal for a rra lower.

Choosing the best collapsible stock for "you".

i like the bushmaster lower parts kit the best.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats one hell of a deal on the lower
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out RB PRECISION, they have "partially assembled" lower parts kits for under $50.00. Just installed one in my new Superior Arms "blemished" lower ($75.00 from RB Percision). for my very first build, it only took me about 45 min following THESE instructions.

Good luck

Gene
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Obvios answer is RRA as far as quality; its worth the extra $10 to $15 over the most cheapo parts.  Bushy is fine too. Sadly, the last DPMS kit a friend installed resulted in about a 12 to 14 lb trigger that was long, gritty, and way way heavier than it should be.

Just use RRA.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Check out RB PRECISION, they have "partially assembled" lower parts kits for under $50.00. Just installed one in my new Superior Arms "blemished" lower ($75.00 from RB Percision). for my very first build, it only took me about 45 min following THESE instructions.

Good luck

Gene

+1
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Obvios answer is RRA as far as quality; its worth the extra $10 to $15 over the most cheapo parts.  Bushy is fine too. Sadly, the last DPMS kit a friend installed resulted in about a 12 to 14 lb trigger that was long, gritty, and way way heavier than it should be.

Just use RRA.

Interesting, DPMS kits are usually very nice, and no different than the RRA ones.  I have found that the nicest LPKs are CMT/Stag.  They run about $5-10 more than the normal ones, seem are worth it.  

ETA-  The cheapest kits may cause you to end up buying a new LPK if the cheapo is out of spec with a part or two, which is fairly common.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Dpms is most likely less costly , but I like RRA's or Bushmaster best
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. I have a fellow who is giveing me a stripped A2 Upper. So I'll be building an upper as well.  I will probably go plain vanilla on this one to learn and will experiment more with my next build.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top