Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 11:19:29 AM EDT
Well, thanks to the hard work and dedication of a few individuals, I, like many others here in Cali, am now the proud owner of a stripped lower.

I have been scouring the web looking for a kit that will fill my needs, while not being too expensive. Perhaps you can help ease the confusion.

I am looking to build a no-frills carbine that is accurate. No, I'm not looking for a match rifle, but one that is capable of MOA accuracy. I prefer the shorter, 16" barrels, and though I like profile of the M4 barrel, I think that it offers nothing to the basic rifle.

The receiver will need to be a flat-top on which I'll mount iron sights and eventually a scope (I'm not really a fan red-dots, as I'm not looking for a CQB rifle).

The problem that I have is that there seem to be few reports on the accuracy of standard carbine-type rifles. I am looking at some of the kits from JT, Del-ton and M&A. Would it be reasonable to believe that this type of accuracy could be expected from one of these carbine kits? I don't want to go to an uber-precise, bull-barreled rifle that doesn't lend itself to being carried through the woods on the persuit of some 4-legged critter.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
good ammo and practice makes for good groups.

i like jt's kits.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not worried about my ability, rather the accuracy potential or the rifle itself. Don't get me wrong though- much shootin' is in the near future!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you get a flawed barrel, it will probably shoot better than you are capable.  If you are seriously concerned, get a SS barrel as they don't cost much more.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, thanks to the hard work and dedication of a few individuals, I, like many others here in Cali, am not the proud owner of a stripped lower.

Well, then you don't need a kit then.

Just kidding about the typo -- I know that you meant "now" instead of "not".

Good to hear that you guys are finally sticking it to Feinstein.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Oops!here,
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top