Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2006 1:45:13 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I cant get bluebrints for the AR-15 upper , I found the lower's no problem but can't find the upper's anywhere. Any help would be great.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
good luck with that. I posted the same request about a month ago, zero response. The closest I could find was the CAD files on CNC gunsmithing.

John
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you guys not have CAD to make you own prints off of the CNC Gunsmithing solid models that you found?  

Do you need specific DIMS?

Please be aware that there are a few issues with the upper solid model - on first glance, I noticed that the F/A ID is not correct.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a copy of government A2 upper receiver drawing, P/N 9349063, rev F (8-11-92).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a copy of government A2 upper receiver drawing, P/N 9349063, rev F (8-11-92).

Is it hardcopy or do you have it in electronic format?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Please DO share.  As near as I can tell, the A2 upper drawing is not available on the net.

Your help in this would be appreciated by a lot of us.  I have a couple A2 forgings I would like to work on from proper drawings.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there anyway I could get a copy from you somehow.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I only have a hard copy.  It's a half scale "J" size drawing.  That means a single, long skinny sheet, but all the dimensions are readable.  It's about five 8.5 x 11 sheets you have to trim and tape together.

Email me your address and I'll send you a copy.  I'm going out of town for the next 2 weeks so won't be able to make and sent copies until I return.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#8]
My suspicion is that every manufacturer makes it own "drawings", CAD , 3-D models, etc. And after putting all that work and money into them , they keep them closely guarded "trade secrets".
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top