Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:49:26 AM EDT
Posted this elsewhere, thought I would try it here as well:

I have a 20" Colt bbl (A1) that I want to cut down to a 16", open the gas port, and install the Vortex fh.

I know the Vortex will work fine with the thinner profile of the A1 vs A2, just needed some confirmation.

I am looking around for a used Vortex since I am going to Krylon the project.

Anyone see any forseeable problems with this plan?

ETA: Thanks for reading and any replies/suggestions!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#1]
the vortex will fit perfect!

i have a couple of pencil bbl.s that i cut down and installed flashhiders on and the only problem i ran into was with the regular split washers, they tend to ride over the short shoulder of a cut down pencil bbl. but instead i used crush washers that fit on the shoulder fine. with the vortex you will not need a washer if the threads arent long so it should shoulder up fine.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
IM Randall_Rausch on the board or visit his web site and drop him an email.
www.ar15barrels.com/
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
i hate mirror threads

adcofirearms and nfa_investments have both done superlight barrels for me with no problems
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
the threading...is this a gunsmith job or a machinists job?  I have a frankenproject churning in my sick little mind
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#6]
clean job Randall
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top