Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2006 12:32:15 PM EDT
I realized I need 3 hands to do this job.I can't keep the spring compressed while lining up the holes for the pin,and then somehow driving the pin home.So I figure there must be an easier way.

I know people do this in under one minute,so I need the secret to doing this with 2 hands.

I have a Badger Tac Latch
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to have a Buddy hold the latch and handle while I lined up the pin and pressed it in.  You could try this...
1. Start the pin in the handle half way till you can slide the latch in.
2. Install the latch with spring, while holding it in place install a small punch into the bottom of the handle into the latch holding the 2 peices together.
3. Try using a small pair of slip joint pliers or a small pair of pliers to press the pin into position pushing the punch out.

This should work if the pin sits tight in the handle.
Good Luck
Bushy out
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit ya,that worked ! Thanks Bushy,took me about 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You make it sound so easy.  What tools do i need to instal the latch?  Does it come with a new pin or do I reuse the old one? I have not purchased it yet because I dont know what I will need to instal one.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
You need pliers, a 1/16th" punch, and your old pin. I think thats about it.   Edited to say
You may need a hammer to tap out the old pin or you could use a 2x4 or rock if 1 isnt avalable
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Bushy.  I got the tools in-house.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted: I know people do this in under one minute,so I need the secret to doing this with 2 hands.

Quoted: took me about 30 seconds.

What are ya braggin now?? hahahaha Congrats on gettin this put on. I also have a Badger tac latch....don't have a clue on how long it took me me to install but I especially like it with a scope on the rifle, it helps. Plus it helps the rifle to look like one of the uber l33t tactical AR's instead of one of them run of the mill everyone has one AR's. Thats just my 2 cents worth.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top