Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 12:46:34 PM EDT
I was struck with an acute case of BRD following realization that a recently purchased Aimpoint didn't have a home.  So I put this together:

But what if the zombie hordes were to chew off the Aimpoint and BUIS?  Clearly I had to assemble a backup:

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
nice!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me see if I got this right.....you built a rifle to go with your Aimpoint? That's awesome!!!  

Also, is that a Vltor rail system on the first one? I usually don't care for them (looks-wise) but that one looks sweet!!

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Very Nice
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice pair!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Let me see if I got this right.....you built a rifle to go with your Aimpoint? That's awesome!!!  

Also, is that a Vltor rail system on the first one? I usually don't care for them (looks-wise) but that one looks sweet!!

What, ya never built a new rifle because you had a left over grip screw and take down pin?  

Nice rifles and I would say you have acute BRD which there is no cure!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What, ya never built a new rifle because you had a left over grip screw and take down pin?  

Come to think of it, I do have a spare A2 pistol grip laying around......hmmmm.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Super Nice, Pair
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come to think of it, I do have a spare A2 pistol grip laying around......hmmmm.  

So what are ya waiting for since you practically have an entire rifle already.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The green crush washer is a nice touch....

Edicut
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The green crush washer is a nice touch....

Edicut

I fidgeted with the color levels of the photo to make it look less blue-grey overall (a consequence of the overcast outdoor lighting).  The washer is actually grey like any other.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#11]
pretty.

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
ok let me get this straight the forearm is a vltor and the stock is vltor right.

the fore grip is tango downs and so is the main grip correct.

if so that is a nice color match.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#13]
two great looking builds. job well done
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top