Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:33:54 PM EDT
Tell me which companies have their stuff together as far as kit producers ( I was looking at M&A are they any good???). I want to build a decent target/varmint gun, and would welcome some suggestions as far as a starting point for my project.
Only requirements so far are 1/7, or 1/8 inch rifling, would prefer stainless 20/24 inch barrel, and want the front end floated, other than that................Bring it on guys, let me know what you would do, and where you'd get it from!?!?!?!

I can't believe the better half actually said OK!!!hn
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
model1sales.com is my poison. i love my setup. consistently below half inch groups at 100 yards with black hills ammo.

here is my setup:
model1sales:
24" kit
fluted/threaded
free float tube

mstn QC brake---- i was advised against this, i did it anyways, and i couldn't be happier.

rock river arms two stage trigger---- do not leave this out. i love mine, and you will yours. around a hundred bucks or so, and WELL worth the money.

first samco g-27 grip

luepold 4.5-14x40 with 4" sunshade
luepold rings

bipod

this rifle does not move when fired, not hardly at all. very awesome setup, IMO
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking along the lines of one of M&A's 24 inch varmint kits with the bipod, and two stage match trigger options. Does anyone have any feedback, pro or con on them, have heard both about Model 1.
Also who makes a good lower reciever, and what vendors are reputable in this area as well............I'm sure this is just the beginning of a shitload of questions, I am a newbie as far as building my own, and target rifles.

Thanks for the reply mtechgunman!

John
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:48:30 AM EDT
[#3]
my jt distributing varmint kit shot .5-.6moa all day long with ae.223 55gr.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top