Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 3:17:10 PM EDT
I am finally getting everything together for my first build and was wondering which way to go on the stock.  Besides the obvious, what is the difference between a 4 and 6 position stock?  Say from the same maker to take quality issues out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you will find that 4 vs 6 is simply the number of holes drilled in the tube.  Quality can be found on both ends of the spectrum, so you need to figure more than just holes.  

Are you looking for the old style or newer style adjustable stock?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
you said it ! One has 4 positions, the other has 6. And for that matter there is no difference in the stock
only the buffer tube. That is the part that makes it a 4 - 5 - 6 position
you may want to think about mill-spec buffer tube or not( they are diffrent sizes )

Invisible Soul
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The only difference I know of is price, looks and a matter of 2 holes. 6 position units look a little different than the 4 position ones from what I've noticed. Price, heck, I can get 4 position ones for $30 bucks, I have 2 of them and they both are very good. But then again I'm not running around gettin shot at puttin the rifle through a bunch of crap either. And for me 4 positions works good, I have a 4x32 fixed scope on my AR and to get the proper eye relief for me I have it on the 3rd hole out and its fine. The 6 position one will give you a couple more options on eye relief n such.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
LMT SOPMOD is the only way to go.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Thanks for the help guys.  I am new to all of this and was wondering if one was sturdier ect than the other.  As far as new style versus old style, I'm new enough I don't know the difference.  I was just trying to figure out why the 6 position costs more.  What buffer spring do you suggest I go with in them?

Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top